Child Safe Policy
PORT MELBOURNE COLTS JUNIOR FOOTBALL CLUB
CHILD SAFE POLICY
The Port Melbourne Colts Junior Football Club is committed to ensuring that the health, safety and welfare of children are maintained at all times during their participation in activities run by the Club. The Club recognizes that being a Junior Football Club in venues and facilities open to the public, presents an increased risk of abuse to children and other young people. In accordance with Victorian Government Legislation and principles for child protection, the Port Melbourne Colts Junior Football Club aims to promote a safe environment for all children and to assist staff in recognizing and reporting incidences of child abuse. In support of this policy, Port Melbourne Colts Junior Football Club undertakes to:
- Ensure that all prospective employees and volunteers have a WWC check before commencing in any role within the Club.
- Provide access to relevant training to enable personnel to identify indicators of child abuse.
- Provide a deterrent to child abuse through the adequate supervision of all areas and activities considered to be of high risk.
- Prohibit all cameras and mobile phones from change rooms.
Roles and Responsibilities
All Club Members have responsibilities in relation to child protection and intervention.
- Report allegations of child abuse, including allegations made against someone external to the organisation as well as Club Members, Visitors and volunteers.
- Be aware of the magnitude and importance of the issue of child protection in a sport and recreation environment.
- Be aware of all indicators of child abuse and any abusive situations.
- Be aware of and understand the Club’s child protection policy, related procedures, and any responsibilities arising from them.
- Recognise that as a Club Member in a child related role, you are in a position of power and influence over children and young people in your care. You must behave in an appropriate manner to ensure that their safety and wellbeing is maintained.
All Club Members and volunteers are required to undertake the training in Child Protection Legislation www.playbytherules.moodlesites.com/course
- All Club Members and volunteers are required to undertake the training in Child Protection Legislation www.playbytherules.moodlesites.com/course
CHILD SAFETY OFFICER
The PMCJFC Child =Safety Officer is Peter Martin: email@example.com 0409 992 723
Thanks to our amazing sponsors who do so much for the club... Please support them as much as you can!