Child Safe Code of Conduct
PORT MELBOURNE COLTS JUNIOR FOOTBALL CLUB
Child Safe Code of Conduct
This Code of Conduct outlines appropriate standards of behaviour by adults towards children.
The Code of Conduct aims to protect children and reduce any opportunities for abuse or harm to occur. It also helps parents and volunteers by providing them with guidance on how to best support children and how to avoid or better manage difficult situations. This Code of Conduct applies to all people involved in PMCJFC’s activities, including coaches, officials, volunteers and parents.
All PMCJFC parents and volunteers are responsible for promoting the safety and wellbeing of children and young people by:
- Adhering to our Child Safe Policy, this Code of Conduct and other PMCJFC policies
- Taking all reasonable steps to protect children from abuse
- Treating everyone with respect, including listening to and valuing their ideas and opinions
- Welcoming all children and their families and carers and being inclusive
- Respecting cultural, religious and political differences and acting in a culturally sensitive way, particularly when interacting with children who are Aboriginal or otherwise culturally or linguistically diverse and those with a disability
- Modelling appropriate adult behaviour
- Listening to children and responding to them appropriately
- Reporting and acting on any breaches of this Code of Conduct, complaints or concerns appropriately and treat them seriously and with respect.
- Complying with our guidelines on physical contact with children
- Working with children in an open and transparent way – other adults should always know about the work you are doing with children
- Respecting the privacy of children and their families, and only disclosing information to people who have a need to know.
PMCJFC parents and volunteers MUST NOT:
- Seek to use children in any way to meet the needs of adults
- Ignore or disregard any concerns, suspicions or disclosures of child abuse
- Use prejudice, oppressive behaviour or language with children
- Discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, culture, vulnerability or sexuality
- Initiate unnecessary physical contact with children or do things of a personal nature that children can do for themselves, such as toileting or changing clothes
- Enter a room, toilet or space alone with children and young people whereby you will conducting things of a personal nature, such as toileting or changing clothes
- Develop ‘special’ relationships with specific children or show favouritism through the provision of gifts or inappropriate attention
- Exchange personal contact details such as phone number, social networking site or email addresses withchildren
- Have unauthorised contact with children and young people online or by phone.
By observing these standards you acknowledge your responsibility to immediately report any breach of this code to Child Safety Officer (Peter Martin firstname.lastname@example.org) or Club President (Darren Williams –email@example.com ).
This Code of Conduct will be reviewed by PMCJFC annually.
I have read this Code of Conduct and agree to abide by it at all times.
Role: ________________________________ Date: _____________________
Thanks to our amazing sponsors who do so much for the club... Please support them as much as you can!