Girls Footy 2021
GIRLS FOOTY AT PORT MELBOURNE COLTS JUNIOR FOOTBALL CLUB IN 2021
WHY CHOOSE OUR CLUB?
Port Melbourne Colts Junior Football Club is a strong, family-orientated community football club based at JL Murphy Reserve in Port Melbourne. The club plays in the South Metro Junior Football League (SMJFL) where all players play for the love of the game.
Our new clubrooms and pavilion provide state-of-the-art, purpose-built facilities for girls and women to best enjoy our great game.
We have a strong and stable voluntary committee and are financially stable. Our club is very well respected on and off the field.
We have had enormous success with our girl's teams with an U14 Girl’s Premiership in 2019, our first AFLW player in 2021, several players in the VFLW in 2021, strong representation in the Sandringham Dragons and St Kilda NGA, and record numbers of girls in previous years learning new skills and playing for our club.
Our club is a very good fit for players of all ages looking to play football in 2021 (and beyond). Our players range from those who have played before to those who are new to the game.
We have an extensive and experienced coaching panel, headed up by our Coach Coordinator Luke Howie and our (Premiership) coach Steve Schreuder. Our team of dedicated coaches enables us to encourage each player to develop and to strive to be the best they can, no matter their skill level.
We register our teams in a division based on the team’s overall experience. This way players are able to play at a level that best suits them and ensures that all our players will get a game each week.
WE ARE A DESTINATION CLUB FOR:
- the growing number of girls wanting to develop their skills and play football at the junior level
- girls who are new to football and transitioning from other sports
- girls looking for a pathway into the VFLW and AFLW
It was disappointing for all that season 2020 was canceled in response to the spread of COVID-19. It was a decision fully supported by our club to protect the health and safety of all club stakeholders. Unfortunately, this has impacted the numbers of girls we are seeing coming back to footy this year.
OUR GIRLS TEAMS 2021
With our sights firmly set on ensuring a successful and enjoyable season 2021 for all girls our committee has made the decision to register the following Girls' teams.
- U12 Girls – (born 2009 – 2012) Coaches: Daniel Kogler, Andrew Berry, Shane Webster, Mark Famous, Rob Webb. Training: Wednesday 4.30pm – 5.30pm
- U14 Girls – (born 2007 – 2008) Coaches: Paul Perrett, Peter Maloney, Training: Wednesday 6.30 to 7.30pm.
- U16 Girls – (born 2005 – 2006) Coaches: Steve Schreuder, Chris Farrell. Training: Wednesday 6.30 to 7.30pm
- Unfortunately we do not have the numbers of interested players to register an U18 Girls team in 2021
Please note girls also have the option of playing in our mixed teams from U8 – U12.
We encourage any players yet to register to please do so as soon as possible. Please also encourage your friends to come along and give footy a go! Click here.
Choosing Port Melbourne Colts Junior Football Club is a great choice – you will have a lot of fun both on and off the field.
To register your interest or to stay informed email our registrar - email@example.com
Thanks to our amazing sponsors who do so much for the club... Please support them as much as you can!